Stretch capability depends on the material. Crocs are famous for their material and long-lasting style. They are also flexible, lightweight, and water-resistant.
If you are wearing shoes that do not fit perfectly, then your feet will suffer problems. Crocs offer many sizes in that situation. If you buy too tight or too small, it’s not a big problem because crocs stretch after wearing.
You just have to buy little small crocs and then start to wear them then with time they stretch perfectly with your feet. After wearing them, you notice that there is a difference between sizes. Crocs quality material adopt the look of your feet with time and provide comfort.
How To Stretch Crocs?
Crocs are the perfect shoes for everyone. They do not throw them in the garbage, and if they are too small and crocs are not stretched according to expectation, then it’s possible to stretch them on purpose by using some useful methods.
Use Hot Water.
Crocs are manufactured from a resin rubber called Croslite. This material is very sensitive to heat. Crocs can be used for internal and external uses, and if they are too tight and create pain in your feet, then hot water is the easiest way to stretch them.
To stretch them by using hot water, you need a pot in which crocs easily dip completely, boiling water, and tongs.
- First, you have to know how much stretch you want to give your shoes.
- Then use tongs and place your shoes in the hot water. If you want to stretch them, less than 15 seconds is enough, and if more than 45 seconds, place them inside the pot.
- After that, get back your crocs from the pot and then cool them. After that, place your feet in the crocs while they are still wet.
- Then walk inside your house until all the water is dry.
- If you are getting your stretching level, try this process again and again.
Use Thick Socks.
If you want to stretch crocs over time, then use thick socks with them. This method stretches your crocs for the maximum time. This method does not require any external effort or money to stretch them. Because crocs' material is flexible, they adopt the shape of the foot with time.
If your** crocs are in a condition** that they cannot be much tighter to your feet, then wear them with thick socks and, after longer use, they will stretch.
When you get your required fit, then you should avoid the use of thin socks because it will make them too loose. After that, just wear your comfortable Crocs for indoor and outdoor activities.
Use Water With Plastic Bags.
You can also stretch your tight crocs with the help of plastic bags filled with water. For that method, you require plastic bags and water.
- After gathering the required things, fill these plastic bags with water and make sure that there is no hole in the bags.
- Then place these water-filled bags in the crocs.
- After that, you have to place the crocs in the freezer and take them off until they freeze.
- Then melt the ice using hot water.
- Then try out crocs and walk in them until they are wet. At first, walking in wet shoes is not comfortable, but they adapt to the fit of your feet and stretch according to them.
Use A Hairdryer
A hairdryer is also another method to stretch your crocs. As we know, crocs are stretched by heat and hairdryers emit hot air. Get a quality hairdryer for that purpose.
- Before stretching crocs, cover the hairdryer with a towel for even heating.
- After that, place that covered dryer inside the crocs for 2 to 3 minutes and watch out carefully.
- If any change occurs in the material, then take it off.
- Stop heating the crocs and then wear socks with these crocs and walk a few steps.
- After that, try them without socks.
- Then the crocs stretch. If not, try this process again and again.
Do All Crocs Stretch?
No, there are some products of crocs that do not stretch with time. So, you have to be careful in those cases.
- Crocs Bistro Pro shoes
- Crocs Bistro
- Crocs Specialist II
Above are the three types of crocs that do not stretch too much. They lose a little after wearing them. Then it’s best when you want to purchase them to order a half size smaller than the actual size.
Unfortunately, due to their different shape and construction from the classic versions, you will not be able to stretch these.
These versions are perfect for professionals who are on the go. Customized inserts may be included with some options for additional comfort and support. A bistro shoe could get damaged and uncomfortable to wear if you attempt to stretch it out.
Conclusion - Do Crocs Stretch
Yes, Crocs stretch after wearing them. So, that’s why you have to order them in small sizes. If you are ordering a very small size and know they are irritating your feet, then you have to stretch them on your own.
If your crocs are painfully tight, then go with a thick sock and wear them with your crocs and then stretch them after a while. If you want quick stretching, then try boiling water, a hairdryer, and plastic bags with water.
Keep in mind not to stretch them too much because loose crocs are also bad for your feet. They create many foot problems and discomfort in your feet. And in the case of stretching, do not damage the material of the crocs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are crocs so expensive?
Crocs are expensive because they use quality materials for their products and provide long-lasting shoes. Their shoes keep you comfortable, even in the case of foot problems.
How do you stretch out new crocs?
If you have ample time for that, then wear them with thin socks. It’s the best way to stretch them. And if you want an instant stretch, then use a hairdryer to stretch them.
Do crocs expand or shrink?
Crocs are shrink. When they contact with an excessive heating environment. When you place them in the running car for a large time, use the dishwasher for them, or place them for a large time in direct sunlight.